- Medical Billing Question and Answer - Terms
- Insurance Denial Claim Appeal Guidelines.
- Medical Billing Downloads
- Understand Medical Billing
- Medical Billing Outsource
- Medicare Coverage and Plan Overview
- Advertise with us
- EVALUATION AND MANAGEMENT CPT code [99201-99499] - Full List
- Overall Medical billing process
- CPT Code 99201, 99202, 99203, 99204, 99205 - Which code to USE
- Internal Medical Billing Audit - how to do
Coding tips for Diagnostic Imaging and Laboratory codes
If the treating chiropractic provider refers the reading or interpretation of a radiology service to a radiologist, reimbursement for the professional component of that service will only be made to the radiologist, and the treating chiropractic provider should not bill for that component.
Component Modifier Description of Services
• Professional 26 Services rendered by a licensed practitioner to perform the diagnostic interpretation of each study. It is required to document the diagnostic conclusions of the study by a written and signed radiology report.
• Technical TC Radiology services that include providing the facilities, equipment, resources, personnel, supplies and support needed to perform and produce the diagnostic study.
• Global N/A Combines both the technical and professional components in the service provided.
BlueCare, BlueMedicare HMO, BlueMedicare PPO and BlueOptions members covered in-office laboratory services are restricted to:
81000, 81001, 81002, 82947, 82948, 85014, 85025 All other laboratory services should be referred to Quest Diagnostics, Inc.
For BlueChoice and Traditional members, members may be referred to any Florida Blue contracted laboratories, including Quest Diagnostics.
Laboratory services for select health and musculoskeletal conditions may comprise one or more of the procedure codes on the list of in-office laboratory codes. Reimbursement for routine venipuncture for collection of specimen (36415) is only payable when paired with modifier 90 and when the laboratory sample is drawn in the chiropractor’s office, but the sample is sent to an offsite laboratory for processing.
Medical Billing Popular Articles
Procedure code and Description 99251 Inpatient consultation for a new or established patient, which requires these 3 key components: A pro...
• G0502: Initial psychiatric collaborative care management, first 70 minutes in the first calendar month of behavioral health care manager...
Hyperlipidemia Hyperlipidemia (hyperlipemia) involves abnormally elevated levels of any or all lipids and/or lipoproteins in the blood. Hy...
HCPCS Codes Effective for claims with dates of service on June 30, 2011, Medicare providers shall report one of the following HCPCS codes...
Generally speaking, when we say 'objective measures,' what does that mean? Answer: Objective measures consist of standardized p...
Q: My patient enrolled in a Medicare Advantage (MA) plan during the middle of the inpatient hospital stay. Who should I bill? A: When a p...
Its often confused that BCBS have lot of prefixes and where to contact. However we have some guide to follow, using prefixes we could find t...
Denial code co - 45 - Charges exceed your contracted/legislated fee arrangement. Note: This adjustment amount cannot equal the total servic...
1 Deductible Amount 2 Coinsurance Amount 3 Co-payment Amount 4 The procedure code is inconsistent with the modifier used or a required mo...
1) Aetna: 120 days . 90 Days 2) Amerigroup: 180 days. 3) Bcbs: 1yr . 180 days updated. 4) Cigna: 180 days. 5) Humana: 15 mon...