Physician Use of Health Care Extenders (ARNP’s and PA’s):
Physicians must, in accordance with federal and state regulations and accepted professional
standards, use physician extenders appropriately. Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioners
(ARNPs) and Physician Assistants (PAs) may provide health care services to members within the
scope or practice established by the rules and regulations of the State of Florida and SHP
The physician will:
Assume responsibility, to the extent of the law, when supervising ARNP’s and PA’s
Inform SHP of all their healthcare extenders and provide their licenses and other
credentialing documentation to the Plan
Ensure that the ARNP’s or PA’s scope of practice does not extend beyond statutory
Ensure that ARNP’s and PA’s always identify themselves as such and not allow the
members to assume that the health care professional providing care is a physician
Provide treatment for any member that is in need of health care services that extends
beyond the ARNP’s or PA’s statutory limitations and/or scope of knowledge
Honor all member requests to be seen by a physician, rather than the ARNP or PA
Ensure that ARNP’s or PA’s refer SHP members who require consultation and/or
treatment services to the appropriate participating Plan specialist or facility
Ensure that all required state and/or national licenses/certifications are current at all times
- Medical Billing Question and Answer - Terms
- Insurance Denial Claim Appeal Guidelines.
- Medical Billing Downloads
- Understand Medical Billing
- Medical Billing Outsource
- Medicare Coverage and Plan Overview
- Advertise with us
- EVALUATION AND MANAGEMENT CPT code [99201-99499] - Full List
- Overall Medical billing process
- CPT Code 99201, 99202, 99203, 99204, 99205 - Which code to USE
- Internal Medical Billing Audit - how to do
Medical Billing Popular Articles
Procedure code and Description 99251 Inpatient consultation for a new or established patient, which requires these 3 key components: A pro...
• G0502: Initial psychiatric collaborative care management, first 70 minutes in the first calendar month of behavioral health care manager...
Hyperlipidemia Hyperlipidemia (hyperlipemia) involves abnormally elevated levels of any or all lipids and/or lipoproteins in the blood. Hy...
HCPCS Codes Effective for claims with dates of service on June 30, 2011, Medicare providers shall report one of the following HCPCS codes...
Generally speaking, when we say 'objective measures,' what does that mean? Answer: Objective measures consist of standardized p...
Q: My patient enrolled in a Medicare Advantage (MA) plan during the middle of the inpatient hospital stay. Who should I bill? A: When a p...
Its often confused that BCBS have lot of prefixes and where to contact. However we have some guide to follow, using prefixes we could find t...
Denial code co - 45 - Charges exceed your contracted/legislated fee arrangement. Note: This adjustment amount cannot equal the total servic...
1 Deductible Amount 2 Coinsurance Amount 3 Co-payment Amount 4 The procedure code is inconsistent with the modifier used or a required mo...
1) Aetna: 120 days . 90 Days 2) Amerigroup: 180 days. 3) Bcbs: 1yr . 180 days updated. 4) Cigna: 180 days. 5) Humana: 15 mon...