Florida Blue recently made several changes to our claims processing system to comply with HIPAA 5010 requirements. In February 2012, process enhancements were made to ensure that a provider’s National Provider Identifier (NPI) and Tax ID number are matched appropriately.
We have seen an increase in the volume of provider correctable error codes that cause claim processing delays. Below are reminders to help you reduce the number of WEBV040 and WEBV042 claims processing errors displayed when claim data (or information) does not match information registered with Florida Blue
Billing Provider Section
This section is used to provide information regarding the billing provider for services rendered. It should match the name written on the check or electronic funds transfer from Florida Blue.
• OPTION 1: If you are registered as a group provider (PA, LLC, etc.) with Florida Blue and you want to bill as a group provider, enter the appropriate group name, Tax ID number and the group NPI (type 2).
− THE MATCH: Group Name matches Group NPI matches Group Tax ID
• OPTION 2: If you are registered as an individual provider with Florida Blue and you are billing as an individual provider, please enter your name, Social Security Number and your individual NPI (type 1).
− THE MATCH: Individual Name matches Individual NPI matches Individual Social Security Number
Rendering Provider Section
This section is used to provide information regarding who performed the services. It is the provider who actually sees the patient.
• OPTION 1: If you billed as an organization (PA, LLC, etc.) list the name of the rendering individual provider and the rendering individual NPI.
• OPTION 2: If you billed as an individual, do not list a rendering provider. This would be redundant as the billing individual would be the same as the rendering individual. Submitting redundant information can cause a different provider correctable error.
Attached is an example to assist you in understanding the appropriate entry of billing and rendering provider information to reduce the number of returned claims. Additional HIPAA 5010 reference information can be found on our website at www.floridablue.com under the Provider tab and by selecting “Get Ready for 5010.”
Please share this information with your technical support team, billing service or clearinghouse.
- Medical Billing Question and Answer - Terms
- Insurance Denial Claim Appeal Guidelines.
- Medical Billing Downloads
- Understand Medical Billing
- Medical Billing Outsource
- Medicare Coverage and Plan Overview
- Advertise with us
- EVALUATION AND MANAGEMENT CPT code [99201-99499] - Full List
- Overall Medical billing process
- CPT Code 99201, 99202, 99203, 99204, 99205 - Which code to USE
- Internal Medical Billing Audit - how to do
Medical Billing Popular Articles
Procedure code and Description 99251 Inpatient consultation for a new or established patient, which requires these 3 key components: A pro...
• G0502: Initial psychiatric collaborative care management, first 70 minutes in the first calendar month of behavioral health care manager...
Hyperlipidemia Hyperlipidemia (hyperlipemia) involves abnormally elevated levels of any or all lipids and/or lipoproteins in the blood. Hy...
HCPCS Codes Effective for claims with dates of service on June 30, 2011, Medicare providers shall report one of the following HCPCS codes...
Generally speaking, when we say 'objective measures,' what does that mean? Answer: Objective measures consist of standardized p...
Its often confused that BCBS have lot of prefixes and where to contact. However we have some guide to follow, using prefixes we could find t...
Q: My patient enrolled in a Medicare Advantage (MA) plan during the middle of the inpatient hospital stay. Who should I bill? A: When a p...
Denial code co - 45 - Charges exceed your contracted/legislated fee arrangement. Note: This adjustment amount cannot equal the total servic...
1 Deductible Amount 2 Coinsurance Amount 3 Co-payment Amount 4 The procedure code is inconsistent with the modifier used or a required mo...
1) Aetna: 120 days . 90 Days 2) Amerigroup: 180 days. 3) Bcbs: 1yr . 180 days updated. 4) Cigna: 180 days. 5) Humana: 15 mon...