- Medical Billing Question and Answer - Terms
- Insurance Denial Claim Appeal Guidelines.
- Medical Billing Downloads
- Understand Medical Billing
- Medical Billing Outsource
- Medicare Coverage and Plan Overview
- Advertise with us
- EVALUATION AND MANAGEMENT CPT code [99201-99499] - Full List
- Overall Medical billing process
- CPT Code 99201, 99202, 99203, 99204, 99205 - Which code to USE
- Internal Medical Billing Audit - how to do
CMS 1500 - 24 A shaded field importance
DATE(S) OF SERVICE:
Dates: In the bottom, white half of the claim line, enter the begin (“From”) and
end (“To”) dates of service in MM DD YY format. If a service was provided on
one day only, enter the same date twice.
Physician Administered Drugs: Beginning January 1, 2008, an NDC is required in
this field to bill for physician administered drugs.
In the top, shaded half of the claim line, enter qualifier N4 followed by the drug’s
11-digit NDC without any dashes, hyphens or other punctuation. The first, second
and third sections of the NDC (separated by hyphens on the container label) must
contain 5, 4 and 2 digits, respectively, when entered on the claim form.
To facilitate this, you must add leading zeros to one or more sections of the NDC
if the container label does not display:
· 5 digits in the first section of the NDC
· 4 digits in the second section of the NDC
· 2 digits in the third section of the NDC
For example, using the 5-4-2 model described above:
· 34-73-1 on the container label is expressed as 00034007301 on the claim
· 654-3773-22 on the container label is expressed as 00654377322 on the claim
· 1645-222-65 on the container label is expressed as 16457022265 on the claim
· 12345-6-7 on the container label is expressed as 12345000607 on the claim
· 86541-4885-77 on the container label is expressed as 86541488577 on the claim
For multi-ingredient compounds, list each component separately, on its own claim
line with the 11-digit NDC is this field.
For more information and examples on billing physician administered drugs, see the
NDC Billing Reference on First Health Services’ website.
Medical Billing Popular Articles
Procedure code and Description 99251 Inpatient consultation for a new or established patient, which requires these 3 key components: A pro...
• G0502: Initial psychiatric collaborative care management, first 70 minutes in the first calendar month of behavioral health care manager...
Hyperlipidemia Hyperlipidemia (hyperlipemia) involves abnormally elevated levels of any or all lipids and/or lipoproteins in the blood. Hy...
HCPCS Codes Effective for claims with dates of service on June 30, 2011, Medicare providers shall report one of the following HCPCS codes...
Generally speaking, when we say 'objective measures,' what does that mean? Answer: Objective measures consist of standardized p...
Q: My patient enrolled in a Medicare Advantage (MA) plan during the middle of the inpatient hospital stay. Who should I bill? A: When a p...
Its often confused that BCBS have lot of prefixes and where to contact. However we have some guide to follow, using prefixes we could find t...
Denial code co - 45 - Charges exceed your contracted/legislated fee arrangement. Note: This adjustment amount cannot equal the total servic...
1 Deductible Amount 2 Coinsurance Amount 3 Co-payment Amount 4 The procedure code is inconsistent with the modifier used or a required mo...
1) Aetna: 120 days . 90 Days 2) Amerigroup: 180 days. 3) Bcbs: 1yr . 180 days updated. 4) Cigna: 180 days. 5) Humana: 15 mon...