How to submit corrected claim electronically

Electronic Submission of Claims (Electronic Data Interchange or EDI) can help reduce paperwork, eliminate printing and mailing expenses, and improve claim payment accuracy. But did you know that you can also submit corrected claims electronically?

To submit your corrected claim, make the necessary corrections, update the Claim Frequency Code and submit. It’s that easy! For corrected claims, the Claim Frequency Type Code in Loop 2300, Segment CLM05 should specify the frequency of the claim (this is the third position of the Uniform Billing Claim Form Bill Type) using one of the following codes:

1 – Original (admit through discharge claim)
7 – Replacement (replacement of prior claim)
8 – Void (void/cancel of prior claim)

Important note: At this time, the functionality to submit corrected claims is not available for former Great-West Healthcare plan participants. Please continue to submit claims electronically through your existing clearinghouse relationship using Great-West Healthcare payer ID 80705.

No comments:

Medical Billing Popular Articles