CHAMPVA claims Address

How do I get a claim paid?

The HCFA-1500 should be sent to:

VA Health Administration Center
PO Box 65024
Denver, CO 80206-9024

This is the only address that should be used for CHAMPVA claim submissions.  If the beneficiary has other health insurance (OHI), they should be billed first. The explanation of benefits (EOB) from the OH1 should then be submitted with the claim for reimbursement to CHAMPVA. By law, CHAMPVA is always secondary payer except to Medicaid, State Victims of Crime Compensation Programs, and supplemental  CHAMPVA policies.

Claims for CHAMPVA

The Civilian Health and Medical Program of the Department of Veterans Affairs (CHAMPVA) is
not a TRICARE program. For questions or general correspondence, you may contact CHAMPVA
by any of the means listed

CHAMPVA Contact Information

Phone 1-800-733-8387

Mail VA Health Administration Center

         P.O. Box 469063
        Denver, CO 80246-9063

Web site

Claims for current treatment must be filed within 365 days of the date of service. Providers may file
health care claims electronically on behalf of their patients. If you wish to file a paper health care claim,

CHAMPVA claim forms may be downloaded from the CHAMPVA Web site. To file a paper health
care claim within the one-year filing deadline, send the claim to:

VA Health Administration Center
P.O. Box 469064
Denver, CO 80246-9064

Written appeals may be requested if exceptional circumstances prevented you from filing a claim
in a timely fashion. Send written appeals to:

VA Health Administration Center
ATTN: Appeals
P.O. Box 460948
Denver, CO 80246-0948

Note: Do not send appeals to the claims-processing address. This will delay your appeal.

CHANGE OF ADDRESS It is very important that you notify us if your address or phone number changes by contacting us at: Mail Claims Claims can be mailed to CHAMPVA at:

Department of Veterans Affairs Chief Business Office Purchased Care

PO Box 469063
Denver CO 80246-9063


Eligibility for CHAMPVA benefits can be impacted by changes to your marriage status, eligibility for Medicare or TRICARE, and by the student status of children ages 18 to 23. Such changes must be reported to us immediately.

Call us at 1-800-733-8387
or write us at:

CHAMPVA Eligibility
PO Box 469028
Denver CO 80246-9028

Interactive voice response (IVR) system Phone

Toll Free: 1-800-733-8387 Hours of Availability: 24 Hours a Day, Seven Days a Week

Talk to a customer service representative • Phone

Toll Free: 1-800-733-8387, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) • Hours of operation: 8:05 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Eastern Time

Blue cross blue shield address
Medicaid Address and phone number - List 1
Medicaid claim submission address - List 2
Medicare claim submission address
United Health care billing Address
Aetna Address
BCBS billing address
Medicare copay and coins

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how long does a claim take to get your reward in general ?

Medical Billing Popular Articles