Denial claim is a cliam which is not paid for some reason. Usually EOB itself clearly having the reason for denial which is called as denial codes. We need to find this denial codes and need to take the action accordingly.
The commone denial reason are given below.
1. Coverage Terminated
2. Invalid or Missing Provider Id# and NPI informations.
3. Invalid Procedure code
4. Invalid Diagnosis code
5. Invalid or missing modifier
6. Pre-existing Condition
7. Authorization number required or Invalid
8. Anesthesia time not on claim
9. Anesthesia Records / Op.Notes / Medical Necessity records required
10 . Exceeded the normal time for filing limit
11. Require W9 form
12. Incorrect Patient id#
13. Signature missing (in block 31 of HCFA)
14. ‘None’ required in slot 11 of HCFA
15. Employer’s name and address required
16. : Claim need to be sent to local plan.
17. : PIP benefits exhausted
18. Amount paid to the subscriber.
19. Claim needs to be submitted to w/c carrier / Employer.
20 : Requested information from patient
We could not list all the denials here. If you browse this website you can find the answer for most of the above denial.
- Medical Billing Question and Answer - Terms
- Insurance Denial Claim Appeal Guidelines.
- Medical Billing Downloads
- Understand Medical Billing
- Medical Billing Outsource
- Medicare Coverage and Plan Overview
- Advertise with us
- EVALUATION AND MANAGEMENT CPT code [99201-99499] - Full List
- Overall Medical billing process
- CPT Code 99201, 99202, 99203, 99204, 99205 - Which code to USE
- Internal Medical Billing Audit - how to do
Medical Billing Popular Articles
Hyperlipidemia Hyperlipidemia (hyperlipemia) involves abnormally elevated levels of any or all lipids and/or lipoproteins in the blood. Hy...
Emergency services are defined as being services furnished to an individual who has an emergency medical condition as defined in 42 CFR 424....
Procedure Codes and Descriptors Medicare providers must use the following Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System/Current Procedural...
1 Deductible Amount 2 Coinsurance Amount 3 Co-payment Amount 4 The procedure code is inconsistent with the modifier used or a required mo...
Its often confused that BCBS have lot of prefixes and where to contact. However we have some guide to follow, using prefixes we could find t...
Denial code co - 45 - Charges exceed your contracted/legislated fee arrangement. Note: This adjustment amount cannot equal the total servic...
When an ERA is received, providers may: •Post decision and payment information automatically, for individual claims included in an R...
1) Aetna: 120 days . 90 Days 2) Amerigroup: 180 days. 3) Bcbs: 1yr . 180 days updated. 4) Cigna: 180 days. 5) Humana: 15 m...
All Service codes for Physical Therapy All Service Codes 420 (REV) - Physical Therapy 421 (REV) - Physical Therapy: Visit charge 422...
cpt code and description 99213 - Office or other outpatient visit for the evaluation and management of an established patient, which requ...