Denial claim is a cliam which is not paid for some reason. Usually EOB itself clearly having the reason for denial which is called as denial codes. We need to find this denial codes and need to take the action accordingly.
The commone denial reason are given below.
1. Coverage Terminated
2. Invalid or Missing Provider Id# and NPI informations.
3. Invalid Procedure code
4. Invalid Diagnosis code
5. Invalid or missing modifier
6. Pre-existing Condition
7. Authorization number required or Invalid
8. Anesthesia time not on claim
9. Anesthesia Records / Op.Notes / Medical Necessity records required
10 . Exceeded the normal time for filing limit
11. Require W9 form
12. Incorrect Patient id#
13. Signature missing (in block 31 of HCFA)
14. ‘None’ required in slot 11 of HCFA
15. Employer’s name and address required
16. : Claim need to be sent to local plan.
17. : PIP benefits exhausted
18. Amount paid to the subscriber.
19. Claim needs to be submitted to w/c carrier / Employer.
20 : Requested information from patient
We could not list all the denials here. If you browse this website you can find the answer for most of the above denial.
- Medical Billing Question and Answer - Terms
- Insurance Denial Claim Appeal Guidelines.
- Medical Billing Downloads
- Understand Medical Billing
- Medical Billing Outsource
- Medicare Coverage and Plan Overview
- Advertise with us
- EVALUATION AND MANAGEMENT CPT code [99201-99499] - Full List
- Overall Medical billing process
- CPT Code 99201, 99202, 99203, 99204, 99205 - Which code to USE
- Internal Medical Billing Audit - how to do
Medical Billing Popular Articles
Allergic rhinitis due to pollen J30.1 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement pu...
ICD10 code for Vitamin D deficiency E20.0 Idiopathic hypoparathyroidism E20.8 Other hypoparathyroidism E20.9 Hypoparathyroidism, unspec...
Hyperlipidemia Hyperlipidemia (hyperlipemia) involves abnormally elevated levels of any or all lipids and/or lipoproteins in the blood. Hy...
DESCRIPTION Allergy testing, evaluations, and immunotherapy are eligible for coverage according to the schedule of covered services in pla...
Procedure Codes and Descriptors Medicare providers must use the following Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System/Current Procedural...
Its often confused that BCBS have lot of prefixes and where to contact. However we have some guide to follow, using prefixes we could find t...
a. General Requirements When Medicare is the secondary payer, the claim must first be submitted to the primary insurer. The primary insure...
CPT/HCPCS Codes Group 1 Codes: 92507 Speech/hearing therapy 92508 Speech/hearing therapy 92521 Evaluation of speech fluency 925...
Denial code co - 45 - Charges exceed your contracted/legislated fee arrangement. Note: This adjustment amount cannot equal the total servic...
Generally speaking, when we say 'objective measures,' what does that mean? Answer: Objective measures consist of standardized p...